Purpose: This assignment aims to help you understand media bias and its impact on public opinion and US politics, using specific examples and recent polling data.
Knowledge: It has long been argued that there is bias in the news media. With this point in mind, complete the following assignment.
Write a 3-5 page paper using the provided
Use the template provided below. The template is to help you follow the instructions and gain the maximum points for the assignment.
Title (Example) Political Bias in the News
Your Name: ________________________________ Hyperlink to Article #1: ______________________ Date of Article #1: ___________
Hyperlink to Article #2: ______________________ Date of Article #2: ___________
Due Date of Assignment: __________
Prompt: A good introduction includes at least three parts, according to guidance provided in this How to Write an Introduction article by Grammarly.
1. A hook to capture the reader’s attention
2. Background for context.
1. Define media bias using the AllSlide.com and explain at least two types of media bias found in the articles that you chose, introducing the two articles to be discussed.
3. A clearly defined thesis statement or main point of your paper
First Body Paragraph:
Prompt: Begin by comparing or contrasting the two articles. For example, statements might be worded in the following manner:
1. “In the article (title of the article), (author) explains/discusses/describes/argues (choose only one of the previous words) while in the article (title of the article), (author) explains/discusses/describes/argues (choose only one of the previous words)…”
2. “To illustrate this point, the author states….”
Second Body Paragraph:
Prompt: Compare or contrast evidence of bias in each of the two articles. For example, you might state:
1. “The article (title of the article), demonstrates (name a type of media bias used in the article, by (doing or stating what).”
2. “Meanwhile, the article (title)…”
3. State whether the bias suggests a conservative or liberal bias and why you believe this
to be true.
Third Body Paragraph:
Prompt: As part of your research and examination of media bias include recent polling data results showing the public’s confidence in the objectivity or fairness of the media. Provide an Internet citation for each polling source discussed. For example
1. “According to a recent Gallup poll conducted (when?), a (certain percentage of Americans believe…”
Prompt: Wrap up and summarize your points, especially as they pertain to the thesis statement or main point of your paper. Detail why this is an important exercise for the course. Link the assignment to the material covered in class. Be sure to cite your textbook page number. You may cite it as (Text, p. xxx) and substitute the page number for xxx. For example, your conclusion might say something like this:
1. “In conclusion, my research has shown….”
2. “This research illustrates (what) from our class readings (or textbook).”
3. “This insight is valuable because….”
· See the attached rubric in addition to the following specifics regarding the criteria on which your grade will be based:
· Use the provided
· Define media bias and explain at least two types of bias or bias strategies, using the How to Spot 16 Types of Media Bias by
as a guide.
· Compare and contrast two current event news articles covering the same political topic, personality, or event in American politics, explaining how these articles are or are not examples of media bias, including the identified types of bias.
· Include hyperlinks to the chosen articles or media.
· Ensure both articles or news media examples were produced within the 6-month time frame (count backward from the due date 6 months).
· Discuss the impact of media bias on public opinion using recent polling data results from sources such as the Gallup polls in the lesson module.
· Include at least one in-text citation from your text to avoid plagiarism.
· Avoid using “Op-ed” articles or news for this assignment, as they are biased commentary rather than objective news reporting.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Quality Essay Help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Quality Essay Help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.