1. Nancy has an intellectual disability. She is placed in a self‐contained class but has been participating in some general education classes. Nancy’s 4th-grade general education teacher has required her to participate in spelling tests. Nancy received a failing grade for the past four spelling tests. The teacher has decided to reduce the number of spelling words on Nancy’s list. She is responsible for each week’s single syllable words on the spelling list. Is this an example of an accommodation or modification? What is another to address this student’s needs?
2. Robert has a learning disability in reading. He is overwhelmed by long reading passages because he cannot read at grade level. Robert needs to learn about the main idea and supporting details. The teacher provides Robert with a story on his reading level. Robert only has to identify the main idea, while the rest of the class must identify the main idea and supporting details. Is this an example of an accommodation or modification? What is another to address this student’s needs?
3. You and your principal are reviewing your classes’ DIBEL scores, which have improved since the beginning of the year but aren’t up to grade level. She reminds you that you are working in a “Blue Ribbon School” and tells you to “correct the scores.” After assuring her that other assessments indicated that students had made significant progress and that the DIBELS scores would only be part of the bigger picture. The principal makes it clear by saying, “You need to go back and retest the students, making sure to mark the correct answers.” What do you do?
4. Mr. Houdini is a teacher at Javier High School. He has just finished conducting an online class and one of his students, Winston, requests extra time after class to talk to Mr. Houdini. Winston has had a close mentoring relationship with Mr. Houdini. He trusts him. Winston confesses that he is coming out and is concerned that he will be bullied and taunted by other students. He is also worried that his parents will not understand. Winston asks for Mr. Houdini’s guidance. What should Mr. Houdini do?
5. Sydney Middle School has a Special Education program. Ms. Anderson writes an email to all the program’s parents (and caretakers). When sending the email, she puts all the parent emails on the same line, with none of them as a blind carbon copy (BCC). Parents can therefore see other parents’ email addresses – and thus, possibly identify other students in the program. Ms. Anderson’s principal asks for a conference with her after receiving an angry email from one of the parents. Should Ms. Anderson be concerned? Why or why not?
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Quality Essay Help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Quality Essay Help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.